Wednesday, November 13, 2013

VOGUE 8711

This is a pattern that I wanted to try for a long time. I was a little nervous because I thought I was a little too thick for it. BUT I went for it anyway. I made some slight alterations of this pattern.  So here is my version of this project, my review an my pictures. This was made for an all white party. The top is a miracle that it looks this good.  I had my son to take the extra fabric left over and we threw it over my shoulder and pinned and sewed on section at a time in order to get the toga look.


 Pattern Description: Fitted above mid-knee or mid-calf length, mockwrap skirts.



Pattern Sizing: (14-16-18-20) I cut a size 18



Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Pretty much.



Were the instructions easy to follow? Not so easy. There were some confusing or not so clear parts with this pattern.



What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I did not like some of the bulkier parts. I also did not like that in some areas of the pattern the instructions were not so clear. Everything else Iliked.



Fabric Used:

Cotton Poly knit.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Due to the type of fabric used, please be advised that this pattern runs large. Based on my measurements I should've had to grade this pattern up. Instead I ended up cutting a size 18. I lengthened the skirt by 1.5" inches. I should've lined this skirt. I will the next time I use this fabric in a light color.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I am gonna make it again in black. I do recommend it.



Conclusion: This pattern was not so bad for a Vogue Pattern. I expected for the instructions to be more difficult, but I am glad that it was not. I don't feel like I need to be hesitant about sewing a Vogue pattern.







No comments: