Sunday, March 15, 2015

TIP LINE - (TIME SAVERS)



  1. Keep supplies close around the area where you are sewing.
  2. Have good lighting.
  3. Store and label like notions together.
  4. Buy extra bobbins and keep extra wound in basic colors.
  5. Keep equipment in prime condition and follow maintenance schedule for your machines.
  6. Acquire and learn to use time saving attachments for your machine (i.e. zipper foot, hemmer foot, etc)
  7. Mark all pieces of pattern at the same time.
  8. Sew as many pieces as possible before going to the pressing table.
  9. I like to group all my projects by color so I don't have to keep changing threads and bobbins.
  10. Keep work area pleasant.
  11. I like to listen to audio books while I am working, especially on tedious tasks.
  12. Keep good reference books and/or materials close.
  13. Keep a notebook close.

No comments: